Winter weather is just around the corner in Beltsville and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Beltsville winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella MidAtlantic team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Beltsville.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Beltsville a call at (301) 685-1715 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.