Fall is just around the corner in Beltsville, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the best time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Beltsville a call at (301) 685-1715 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!